A group set up to connect Brixton residents and help to coordinate campaigns both on and offline will hold its first meeting tonight.
Brixton Hub was set up by a handful of concerned Brixtonites following a public meeting about the impending arrival of a Sainsbury’s supermarket on Tulse Hill, on the site of the current Carpetright.
The first meeting of the group takes place tonight at the Effra Social, Effra Road, at 7.30pm. Locals keen to get involved are encouraged to come along. Find out more at the Brixton Hub website or on Facebook. The Brixton Blog will be present.
Here’s more blurb from Brixton Hub:
*** Aims (so far) ***
We hope the Brixton Hub will make it easier to:
· Club together on shared issues
· Collect and disseminate information via the hub
· Initiate campaigns and enable rapid mobilisation and petition signing by large numbers
· Make it easy to get engaged – one click petitions and micro delivery & volunteering
· Reach people offline as well as the online
· Make it easy for groups to use the hub to manage their own email mail-outs
· Link to useful resources and advice on getting stuff done
· Opt in to issues of interest
· Get involved in ‘micro delivery’ of leaflets on our street or block