The Brixton Chamber Orchestra kicks off a free open-air socially distanced tour of seven Lambeth housing estates today (13 August). The orchestra plays music of every description and has collaborated with rappers and others. The tour, with guest vocalists, starts at Stockwell Park today at 4pm. People are invited to bring a picnic, weather allowing, for a “post-lockdown outdoor celebration”.
Appearances will be:
- Stockwell Park: Thursday 14, 4pm
- Angell Town, Friday 14, 3pm
- Moorlands, Friday 14, 5.30pm
- Palace Road, Saturday 15, 2pm
- Slade Gardens, Saturday 15, 5pm
- Cressingham Gardens, Sunday 16, 2pm
- Lambeth Towers, Sunday 16, 5pm.
BCO director Matthew O’Keeffe said the aim of the tour, which is part funded by Lambeth council, is to help bring communities back together after the lockdown.