Friends of Brixton Market has asked everyone interested in the market to come down today at 1pm to the Vida Walsh Centre (Saltoun Rd) to help develop a ‘vision’ which they can then promote to the council, landlords and community.
The questions they are asking are:
- How do you see the market?
- What does it need?
- What needs protecting?
- Who should the council promote the market to? How?
- What new kinds of services could be developed in the market?
- What facilities are needed?
- Do you want the market to go up market?
The responses to the last question will be especially interesting. See here for the Urban 75 forum debate on the market, sparked off by the Friends of Brixton Market post advertising the event.