In a letter written to Market Traders, Lambeth Council explain changes to the markets due to coronavirus.
These changes include:
- All trading from isolated pitches to cease
- All trading on Tunstall Road to cease
- All trading on Brixton Market will cease will immediate effect, apart from those permanent traders for who fruit and vegetables are already listed as a commodity on the current street trading license only, who will be allowed to continue to trade with added conditions.
If you are able to continue trading the added conditions include:
- Social Distancing to be observed
- Ensuring customers are not gathering in groups
- A distance of at least 4 metres maintained between pitches
- Trading limited to fresh fruit and vegetables only
- No prepared food to be offered for sale, through hand washing is undertaken regularly
- Added protective measures such as wearing gloves are put in place, pitches are cleaned and contactless payment is taken where possible
- All surfaces cleaned more frequently
- Contactless payments taken where possible
Street trading fees will be waivered for all traders from 27 March 2020 until further notice, subject to review.
Further updates are scheduled for 15 April.
If you are a market trader and have not received correspondence from Lambeth, they ask that you contact the Markets and Street Trading department to provide up-to-date contact details on firstname.lastname@example.org.