There are lots of resources available to businesses to support owners and staff during lockdown. These include free training, fitness classes and business forums.
Brixton BID have been hosting COVID-19 e-Business Forum for Brixton Businesses. So far these have included Hospitality & ENTE with Amy Lamé, London Night Czar and this week Future Forecasting with Brixton based Beauhurst, chaired by Tim Gledstone, Partner at Squire & Partners. The webinars will continue focusing on different topics important to the local business community.
They have also collated some free training for your staff to keep busy during the lockdown as well as offering free training to BID members each month.
- Want to learn a new skill while at home? The Skills Toolkit has lots of free, high quality digital and numeracy courses online.
- Search Marketing Consultant Micheal Brennan has created a free course, to teach businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 how to grow their website traffic and perform better on Google.
- Try something a little different with your time with free online courses from the Open University.
Health & Wellbeing
Brixton BID are bringing you FREE live fitness sessions each week. Whatever your level of fitness, join this wellness class including a yoga based series, heart rate raising workout and efficient cool down, tackling areas affected not just by the workout but also hitting the problem areas (lower back, knees, wrists, neck) that are being exacerbated by the new more sedentary lifestyle of this lockdown.
- Reclaim your lunch break on Wednesday 6th May at 12.30pm
- Get your week started with a meditation and stretch session on Monday 11th May at 10.30am
Book now to join the sessions (for staff and business owners).
Brixton Orchard is going online with weekly virtual content
Urban Growth and Brixton BID have been working on a collection of mindfulness sessions, gardening tips and nature watch. The importance of the natural world has never been more evident, the team hope that bringing the Orchard to you on your sofa will help during these times.
Safeguard Your Staff’s Wellbeing
Get Set UK are launching a new fully-funded service in Lambeth & Southwark to support local businesses during the Covid-19 situation.
Thanks to funding from the local authority, Get Set UK are now able to provide one-to-one employer support aimed at safeguarding your staff’s wellbeing, and making sure that you are able to access the range of support schemes that the Government has put in place.
If this is of interest to you, Get Set UK would like to invite you to a FREE webinar on Monday 11th May (11:00 to 12:00), where you can hear more about what is on offer, and why you might need it. To reiterate, this is a fully funded service and so we will not be making any charge for the webinar, or any of the support that you subsequently receive.
The webinar will be chaired by Chief Executive, Thomas Harley, and delivered by guest speaker, Kevin Moore FRSA FIEP. Kevin is a leading mental health trainer and consultant, who works with a range of public, private and voluntary sector organisations to maximise the well-being of their teams.
The webinar will cover:
- Why your staff’s mental health needs to be near the top of your agenda right now
- How their mental health is at risk
- What support areas you can focus on to ensure that they return to work relatively unaffected by the current situation
- What types of support Get Set UK can offer you
Following this session, you will be able to sign up to the service, where dedicated staff can provide you with bite-sized, ready-to-use resources that you can introduce into your business. Register for the webinar here.
Brixton BID would like to thank Lambeth for funding this important service during the pandemic.