Ital Stew 2
Total time 1 hour 40 minutes
Serves for four
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 dried allspice berries
- 1/4 cup (1 cup= 250ml) Bragg’s liquid aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into coins
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups water
Heat oil in a large Dutch pot or metal casserole on medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic, green onions, celery, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, Italian seasoning, allspice berries and cook stirring frequently for another minute or until fragrant.
Stir in Bragg’s liquid aminos, tomato paste, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and coat with seasonings. Cook for about a minute, stirring frequently.
Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
Cook for 30 minutes or until stew is thick, adding some Veggie Chunks or soya protein halfway.
Season with salt and pepper.