Two people were evacuated as fire ripped through a Brixton Road restaurant.
Three fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to the blaze at Starvin Marvin at 9.30pm last night.
The fire damaged part of the restaurant and its ducting which runs from the ground floor to the building’s roof.
Brixton Crew Manager Daniel Savva said: “We got hold of the fire extremely quickly and crews did really well to stop it from spreading to the flats above the restaurant.”
The Brigade was called at 9.30pm and the fire was under control by 10.20pm. Fire crews from Brixton, Lambeth and Clapham fire stations were called to the incident.
The cause of the fire is believed to have been caused by cooking igniting a build up of fat in the kitchen’s ducting.